His exact words were, “A fucking reset button? Like fuck am I coming back to canonically nullify my character arc.” I still can’t figure out what he meant by that.
Steven Moffat, on Christopher Eccleston’s absence from the 50th Anniversary. (via sea-change)
Someone’s been workin’ on his online dating profile.
Christ, it’s been about 3 weeks since I got an internship for a ‘big’ football website and I’ve already been sucked into the ‘write everything in list articles’ philosophy and I hate myself for it. It just feels so lazy and like I’m selling out writing quality for the sake of a higher hit count. Still, integrity is for when you’re established, right? For now, it’s just… Get noticed, get published. 13,000 viewers on one article can’t be wrong, right?
Why not ;)
- 1. Post a picture of you?
- 2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
- 3. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
- 4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
- 5. Can you commit to one person?
- 6. How do you look right now?
- 7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
- 8. How often do you listen to music?
- 9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
- 10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2014?
- 11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
- 12. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- 13. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 14. Can you drive a stick shift?
- 15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
- 16. Are you going out of town soon?
- 17. When was the last time you cried?
- 18. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- 19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
- 20. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
- 21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
- 22. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
- 23. Are you nice to everyone?
- 24. What are you sitting on right now?
- 25. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- 26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- 27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
- 28. Do you get a lot of colds?
- 29. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
- 30. Does anyone hate you?
- 31. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
- 32. Do you like watching scary movies?
- 33. Are you a jealous person?
- 34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
- 35. Did you have a dream last night?
- 36. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
- 37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- 38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- 39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- 40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
- 41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
- 42. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
- 43. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
- 44. What’s the best part about school?
- 45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
- 46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
- 47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
- 48. Were you single over the last summer?
- 49. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
- 50. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
- SEND ME NUMBERS AND I WILL ANSWER.
Anonymous asked: 1, 3, 13, 22
Ooh, I’m a bit late on this, but here goes…
1: When you have a container of Neapolitan ice cream, what flavor do you leave for last? I leave the chocolate. And I keep leaving it and give it to somebody else, because chocolate ice cream is awful.
3: Let’s say you have access to a time machine, but it can only go either backward or forward. One or the other. Which do you choose and where do you go? There’s a LOT of fuck ups I could fix by jumping back a bit, so I guess I’d find a big fuck up and do something differently.
13: Could you win the Hunger Games? Yes. I’m in decent physical shape and there is literally nothing I wouldn’t do to save my own skin. So I think I’d at least be in with a shot.
22: Without looking them up, can you explain the rules of football? How about Quidditch? What do you think that says about you? Yep, I could explain football (proper football and hand-egg), and I’ve had to explain the rules of Quidditch a few times when I’ve talked about playing it. BONUS: I can also explain the rules of Water Quidditch.
Wario often receives fan-mail saying things like “Thank you for being so educational!" and Wario loves that!
Wario also gets a variant of this kind of message that reads “Thank you for being so educational, not full of hate like those OTHER SJ blogs" and this bothers Wario somewhat.
Educating people takes time and effort. Sometimes it goes well and you can convince the other person to your line of reasoning. A lot of times it does not and you end up trapped in an endless debate with someone who never had a chance of changing their mind in the first place, or you encounter someone who is only interested in spewing logical fallacies and straw-manning your opinions back at you. Calling someone out on their bigotry or prejudice is always a hazardous affair, regardless of whether you are polite or angry, because the majority of people will just dig in their heels and entrench themselves further into their position to defend themselves, rather than admit there is a problem with something they said. This can be incredibly frustrating because this happens constantly.
An alternative to sitting there and typing out a well-thought out reply is getting mad. You might say getting mad is useless or only makes things worse, but the reality is that anger can be deeply cathartic and necessary in maintaining your mental health in the face of ignorance and prejudice.
Then there are people who react to this by saying “well why don’t you educate me?" which is super disingenuous. People who say this almost never actually want to listen if you do try to educate them. Nobody is under any obligation to educate you, nor are they obliged to coddle your prejudice and be super nice to you if you say something messed up. If you are really genuinely interested in being educated on a topic, there are tons and tons of resources. Generally googleing your question can lead to some answers or resources talking about whatever you want to know. Every possible social justice topic you can possibly think of has been written about up and down a million times already, it’s up to you to find it. If you legitimately cannot find information on a topic you want to know more about, then it may be appropriate to ask someone politely if they would be interested in offering up their insight. If they say no, that’s fine, respect that.
Wario aims to do both of these on Wario’s blog. Sometimes Wario wants to be educational when Wario thinks someone is genuinely willing to learn. Sometimes Wario just wants to make fun of people for their ignorance when Wario does not think that person will listen, or even because Wario simply doesn’t feel like writing a long speech at the moment. Wario chooses when and if Wario feels like being friendly and educational, and Wario farts at anyone who thinks Wario is obligated to educate anyone. WAHAHAHA! Wario is the winner!
social justice wario is one of the most beautiful things on this website